The IHS Markit Data Lake empowers firms to uncover business insights more quickly by exploring, accessing and coalescing our data, their data and third-party data on a single, cloud-based platform. The Data Lake is populated with 1,500+ of our datasets from multiple industries, including financial services, automotive, maritime, energy and natural resources.
This position is located in Singapore on the Data Lake Sales Team with responsibility for the coverage of APAC based accounts across Financial and Corporate accounts. The successful candidate will have broad experience in analytics/data science, software, data, driving initiatives and "hunter" style sales experience. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales, business development and management.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Driving and executing new business revenue by meeting and/or exceeding sales targets on a consistent basis
- Development and execution of a sales strategy with an emphasis on prospecting and closing new clients
- Relationship maintenance and development with key prospects and clients
- Internal collaboration across business lines and functional areas
- Strategic work and thinking to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Effective at building and maintaining a solid pipeline, developing proposals, structuring agreements and managing sophisticated relationships
Education and experience:
- Years of experience 5+
- Broad based experience with another software vendor at a senior level with exposure to managing complex relationships and/or process's
- Knowledge and experience of analytics/data science
- Managing complex sales process with $1mm new revenue targets
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings and navigate to senior level contacts at prospects
Sales Process Skills:
- Connects with prospects based on knowledge of their business needs
- Uses diagnostic questioning to identify multiple needs and the ripple effects
- Shapes customer criteria in ways that favor our differentiators
- Shapes an effective strategy to bear the competition
- Prepares a persuasive presentation/proposal
- Helps customers resolve their fears and concerns
- Deals with customer negotiating tactics
- Listens to and connects with customers
- Can identify what step of buying a customer is in
- Keeps customers moving forward through their buying process
- Makes connections with more than one decision maker in an account
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.