Job Description Summary
Rare opportunity to join a high profile and industry-leading post-trade business at a unique and exciting moment in our growth story.
We need an experienced sales and business development leader with strong understanding of financial market infrastructure including FX
Up to Director level, this Singapore-based role has responsibility for the selling post-trade suite of services across the Asean region. You will partner product and the operational teams to win new business, drive partnerships and renew existing business.
Prime focus is the FX and interest rates product sets.
Specific duties & responsibilities include:
· Solution-sale mindset across entire post-trade product suite including platform, software and managed services
Lead generation for new prospects in Asean and in particular outside Singapore
Secure upsell new business into a wide existing client base
Through understanding of relevant USPs across the suite
Thorough understanding of the client's business and needs
· Renewal of existing client business
· Reporting of actual vs. budgeted sales on a regular basis and accurate forecasting
· Maintain communication with accounts through regular contact with key users and building a position of trust, respect and openness with the view to generating new business
· Listen and identify the client's needs and highlight any cross selling opportunities to other Sales specialist teams
. For multi-product opportunities, coordinate the relevant sales specialists to define and client-centric solutions
· Proactively seek sales referrals from existing accounts
· Take ownership of client issues with the assistance of product and operational teams
· Maintain pipeline and generate management reports (cold calls, user list etc.) from Salesforce
· Delegate non-revenue opportunity related activities (billing, initial and ongoing client set up and training, contractual administration duties etc.) to relevant support teams
· Take responsibility for maintaining product knowledge to a high standard
· Act as a point person for allocated products providing support to clients, technical information, product characteristics, coaching sales peers in terms of sales USPs and pre sales questioning
Education and experience
· Fluent Mandarin
- Candidates are likely to be degree educated
· Candidates will have significant proven sales experience ideally gained from a financial infrastructure provider
· Solution-selling style and experience essential
· Extensive experience selling to ASEAN clients
· Knowledge of OTC derivative products and workflows is highly desired
- Working relationship with MAS, SGX, Bursa Malaysia and industry bodies like ISDA and ASIFMA highly desirable
· Very strong inter-personal and influencing skills
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple sales in parallel whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
· Proven track record in generating own pipeline from cold calls and other client acquisition techniques
· Ability to meet internal/external deadlines
· Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
· Ability to present and negotiate with senior level management and manage complex sales process
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook / Word / Excel / Powerpoint
· Knowledge of Salesforce is beneficial
· Able to understand the end to end sales process and be comfortable and experienced in dealing with senior level negotiations
· Able to demonstrate interest in staying abreast of industry developments
· Must be credible and confident in a high pressure environment and be able to manage senior level engagement
· Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
· Fluency in English and Mandarin desirable.
· Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
· Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.