IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today's business landscape: Finance, energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS Markit is headquartered in London. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS Markit employs more than 8,000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
General Job Duties:
- Establish and maintain senior level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all Auto products as well as retain our existing business within the account. However, the main focus of this position will be to generate new business through the Supplier business.
- Follow and execute a structured solution sales process for revenue growth and prospecting. Able to uncover new revenue opportunities within an account based on the understanding of the works flows and strategies being deployed within the accounts.
- Develop knowledge and thorough understanding of all IHS Markit Automotive products and services and apply knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations/solutions that meets their business requirements.
- Achieve net new revenue growth targets and maximize retention capabilities within accounts.
- Introduce new IHS Markit Automotive products and services with the accounts. Generate and deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Observation and understanding of customer workflows and processes, tailor solutions to enhance overall Insight value to customer organization.
- New business generation will be a must in this role. The ability to generate and identify potential customers as well as understand the customers workflow to identify a client's needs will be essential.
- Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base, including setting of expectations, changing needs assessments, negotiating contracts and processing of contracts via relevant internal systems.
- Prepare and execute strategic account plan. Review with Line manager on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Follow up on all inbound client inquiries, webinars, workshops, events to uncover new and expanding opportunities.
- Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers.
- Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base.
- Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations to Line Manager on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Line Manager and Product Managers.
- Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base/prospects.
- Maintain salesforce, contracting process and all related sales administration work.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or auto industry-related fields required. Any equivalent combination of experience and education could be considered.
- 6-8 years sales experience in automotive related business is required.
- Excellent communication skills with customer and internal organization verbally and written is essential.
- Understand key sales/procurement process and account management.
- Connect customer values and products/services.
- Self-driven and motivated for learning new things.
- Can work under high pressure.
- Frequent travel is required. 3-4 days per week.
- Native Mandarin and fluent English.
- Sales Director, North Asia, Automotive
- Shanghai, China.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.