The Offsite Implementation Consultant (Senior Associate) role is part of a team based in India working with clients globally on implementation activities, generally in an offsite capacity; however, at times team members are required to travel to client sites to assist with onsite implementation activities.
The team is coached and led by a senior Managing Consultant, and are trained in using SQL Server, the Markit EDM application, and in the informational needs of modern financial institutions.
The role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career solving the data management issues of global top tier financial institutions .
Role & Responsibilities
- Documenting functional and requirement specifications to define detail input and output, file content, systems functions, system controls and performance criteria.
- Configuring Markit EDM application using SQL Server to meet the client specifications.
- Building MEDM Solutions with best practices.
- Testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements.
- Interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure accurate and timely information flows.
- Making recommendations for implementation of new systems and technologies where appropriate.
- Providing consultancy to clients for business improvements. Investigates and documents existing procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with the customer.
- Participation in pre-sales activity including but not limited to demonstrating product functionality and proposed enhancements.
- Contributing to Implementation 'Best Practice' guidelines.
Education and experience
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Finance with 4-5 years' solution design / development experience
- Solid understanding of financial markets products, a broad understanding of the investment bank process, middle-office systems and operations, and associated data management needs
- Must have 2-3 years of Markit EDM implementation / Support experience
- Must have the understanding of Markit EDM Components (Data Inspector, Data Constructor, Rule Builder, Data Matcher & Web UI Workflows)
- Strong proficiency with SQL statements, designing tables, stored procedures, views, and functions. Preference in SQL Server.
- Strong Data Model knowledge and experience of working within financial database implementations.
- Nice to have Project Management concepts and comfortable with the Agile delivery model
An interest in the financial world and technology associated with it
Time management and organizational skills
Personal impact -
Self-starter with an attention to detail
Ambitious and looking to build on their university career in a fast-moving environment
Good presentations skills (preparation and delivery)
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be a strong team player.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.