IHSM Cloud Platform Services is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer - Operational Support to join a global team of Cloud Engineers to support our growing Cloud Services client base. The role will be focussed on driving operational growth, scaling and efficiencies for all operational processes related to our Cloud Services and related client base. Also required will help and insight into infrastructure automation, CI/CD and DevOps across the solutions business.
- Managing of AWS environment as well as all aspects of our deployment methods including
design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Design and develop automated CI/CD infrastructure to allow developers to rapidly innovate as
we move to Infrastructure as Code.
- Implement Cloud infrastructure solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements
and integrate solutions into existing infrastructure.
- Continually evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance,
capacity and cost - automating solutions wherever possible.
- Leveraging tools to ensure configuration state is consistent across multiple systems that can
be tracked, changed and updated in an automated way for security and vulnerability protection
through tools like chef and terraform.
- Manage cloud deployments with cloud administration tools and management frameworks with a
focus on deploying Infrastructure as Code.
- Manage stability and reliability, including dedicated root cause analysis, proactive
monitoring and long-term remediation.
- Educating teams on the implementation of the new cloud-based initiative and providing
associated training as required
- Participate in an on-call rotation regularly and respond to SLA based incidents reliably and
- Flexible working hours to cover different timezones (EMEA, APAC and the Americas) on a
- Engage with the customers on new implementations, change management of existing services and
any queries and/or issues regarding the Cloud Platform service we provide.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
- Work as an integrated team member with Product Support, Professional Services, Product
Development and DevOps to implement, expand and scale the Cloud Services Platform.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.