Who we are:
automotiveMastermind currently provides U.S. automotive dealers with AI/behavior prediction analytics software and marketing solutions that improve the vehicle purchase process and results. Our cloud-based technology helps dealers precisely predict automobile-buying behavior and automates the creation of microtargeted customer communications, leading to proven higher sales and more consistent customer retention. In 2017 we were acquired by IHS Markit.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. They help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
As a Senior Data Transformation Analyst, you will become an expert on the entire Incentives data flow, directly impacting how the data powers automotiveMastermind and the customer's experience. You will troubleshoot technical issues and contribute towards technical processes by sharing your expertise with the product and engineering teams. You will regularly work with large sets of data in the production environment, applying your knowledge of the data flow to ensure accuracy and integrity with a sense of urgency. You are expected to take ownership of your work, lead multiple projects in parallel, coordinate tasks among team members, and take responsibility to escalate according to SLAs on an ad-hoc basis.
To succeed in this position and deliver outstanding quality, you need to:
- Become the resident expert on extraction, ingestion, and transformation processes of
- Manage time sensitive and complex processes across multiple teams related to monthly
- Continuously improve internal processes and provide quality assurance of transformed data,
working with the QA team if necessary.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors.
- Resolve complex data-related issues under time pressure, providing excellent communication to
all internal and external stakeholders, including customers.
- Query and manipulate large data sets in both SQL and Mongo databases using common coding
languages (SQL, C#, Python).
- Work towards the company's vision/mission/goals by spearheading independent projects.
Who you are:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, IT or a related field.
- 4+ years professional experience in a fast-moving company (prior automotive experience is a
- Work experience with data (ingestion, integration, transformation) or in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to higher management.
- Able to execute against multiple projects as part of a team or independently, while managing
- Intermediate to advanced SQL and/or C# knowledge, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
(VLOOKUP, index/match, pivot tables, etc.). Mongo DB experience is a plus.
- Able to think quickly on your feet and handle ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results.
- Continually look to improve your professional career, as well as strive for personal
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.