About Us :
The aim of our project is to create a Data Lake - an environment which contains all the data that the company acquires (several PB), allows data scientists and analysts to easily access various data sets and finally do complex data analysis using the tools of their choice.
Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux and Redux Saga). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Your key responsibilities:
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
Your qualifications are:
- Thorough understanding of at least one modern front-end framework (React.js, Angular, Vue.js).
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js + Redux, isomorphic Redux Saga is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for testing.
- Fell for good UX.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Docker and Kubernetes
What we offer:
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend to your family
- Support your learning and raising your qualifications
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.