OPIS by IHS Markit provides price transparency across the global supply chain so that all stakeholders can buy and sell energy commodities with confidence. We provide transparent price assessments, real-time news, powerful analytics, and educational and networking events.
Oil, gas, and fuel markets rely on OPIS spot benchmarks in refined products, NGLs and LPG, ethanol and biofuels, refinery feedstocks, and petrochemicals.
OPIS' price-discovery methodologies are in accordance with IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions) Principles for Oil Price Reporting Agencies and with European Union Benchmark Regulation (BMR).
IHS Markit, headquartered in London, serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 in the fields of energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
You will be a key member in the OPIS Europe Spots team, covering markets to produce price assessments, news, and intelligence for daily publication.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via instant messaging, phone, and email. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Developing and cultivating a range of industry sources.
- Generating stories for real-time new service as well as longer, more analytical content focusing on industry trends and emerging issues.
- Support the regional and global team in promoting price assessments to the market place to allow them to be accepted and used as benchmark references.
- Developing new markets and products.
- Occasional travel.
- Min. 3 years price reporting experience, preferably in the Energy sector or equivalent industry.
- Strong communication, writing, and networking skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the renewables, carbon, or biofuels markets in Europe is ideal, though you should have the curiosity and willingness to learn about industry trends and be able to break down sometimes complex regulatory and market issues into accurate and easily understood content.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent standard .
- Ability to analyze data and market drivers quickly. G ood knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets .
- Knowledge of market dynamics, price drivers, and price reporting functions in the energy industry.
- Ability for business development and market engagement. Familiarity with existing industry contacts is a plus.
- Additional languages would be beneficial .
What we offer:
- Working from home with options to hotdesk in office
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Growing client base and product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.