IHS Markit is seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer to help us develop feature-rich applications for the Android platform. The right individual will be hands-on, self-directed, and passionate about their craft.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create
powerful network performance and testing software
- Design and develop new features and initiatives, working collaboratively in a team
environment to deliver high-quality and robust software on time and within budget
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation,
ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Support and mentor other developers on the team
WHAT TO BRING
- Deep understanding of Android development including process and service lifecycles,
background limitations, and multi-module architecture
- Strong familiarity with Android UI development including Google's Material Design, AndroidX,
and Support Library
- Expertise with Java and OO design and development; proficiency with Kotlin
- Disciplined coding style with an eye toward maintainability and testability
- Working knowledge of test-driven development, test automation, and/or CI
- Experience with Scrum and Agile standard methodologies
- Independence, enthusiasm, and motivation to drive results across teams
- Great communicator who collaborates well and show a strong team work ethic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing native Android apps
- Published one or more applications to the Google Play Store
- B.S or B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar, or equivalent
NICE TO HAVES
- Working knowledge of iOS development and Swift
- Database experience with SQLite
- Experience integrating with web services
- Experience with the Android NDK
- Familiarity with Git source control
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.