Your main responsibility is maximizing profitable company sales revenue growth within the assigned territory (Indian subcontinent) focused on identifying, qualifying, negotiating, and closing new business to exceed sales targets. Ideal candidates are sales professionals having demonstrated success calling on senior executives in the Energy Industry and related industries. Candidates must have strong closing skills, be extremely persistent, be willing to prospect, work well without supervision, be effective at building relationships, have keen listening skills, ask good questions, be assertive but not aggressive, with outstanding phone and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of business economics and comfort discussing value propositions with customers is required. The ideal candidate must possess strong business to business direct sales background and a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working within the Energy team executing against sales goals, including accurate forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer needs/challenges, delivering executive IHS Markit point of view dialogue, delivering solution presentations to new customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the unique IHS Markit value proposition.
- The Sales Executive will own a specific set of named accounts and/or geographic territories within the IHS Markit Energy sales region and be responsible for the following:
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across IHS Markit's Energy business to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics focused on market expansion and penetration.
- Build a strong network with key decision makers within the customers' organizations to expand and strengthen the relationship and create new opportunities for sales of products, services and consulting engagements.
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the fiscal year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market.
- Creating and managing their sales pipeline of new business opportunities in the Customer Relationship Management system (Sales Force) within the assigned territory, generating leads from face-to-face needs discovery calls with customers as well as following inbound leads from marketing, the Energy Insight team, industry events and other sources.
- Based on opportunities in the sales pipeline in the Customer Relationship Management system (Sales Force), provide monthly forecasts within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan.
- Achieve assigned sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Understanding the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Develop and execute account plans & strategies for key customers in conjunction with sales & business leadership
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Energy industry, including industry trends, business processes, financial measurements, performance indicators and key competitors.
- Working with Product and Sales Management to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions.
- Competency in delivering price for value relative to the appropriate product solution.
- Quickly learn basics about the IHS Markit's Energy offering portfolio and strive to become expert level within 12-18 months
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 6 - 12 years of sales experience, with at least 5 years of experience in selling complex enterprise solutions, to customers in the energy industry market segments
- Prior experience within the Upstream, downstream and chemical industries in Indian Subcontinent
- Demonstrated success in negotiating closing large and complex sales whilst building strong relationships with clients.
- Proven ability to uncover needs and the buying process at private and public multi-national companies
- Skilled in consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the client's needs, challenges and goals
- Knowledge of sales CRM software to track sales opportunities and customer activity a must, experience using Salesforce a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications required (CRM, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues in a matrix organization
- Highly organized individual with ability to multi-task new business activities with client service responsibilities
- Able to handle multiple projects and complete in a timely manner
- Language Requirements: fluent English skill a must
- Ability to travel around 40% of the time
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.