Lead a project team in developing and delivering innovative software solutions for the automotive domain. Must have a strong expertise of core development techniques and possess high analytical and programming skills to apply new techniques and technologies in developing solutions. Work closely with the Technical Architects in the group and the Business Owners as well as the Technical Manager on the team to identify the architecture and design details of the solutions built and disseminate effectively to the team members on the project.
- Lead an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Collaborate with the BA/SQA on the project to assist ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Business Owner to review the business requirements and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Architects in the group by providing their input into the overall Solution Architecture.
- Mentor and train junior developers in the group.
- Demonstrate leadership in not just finishing their tasks but removing technical impediments for the team members.
- Understand and implement the Agile Development approach and assist the Technical Manager in issue resolution and escalation.
- Promote a culture of proactive problem solving and innovation through implementation of cutting-edge techniques and technologies in the development group.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in Single Page UI application design and development
- Experience with JSON and RESTful Web Services
- Expertise with C#, .NET Core, design patterns.
- Expertise working with large grids and charts.
- Hands-on experience with using software version control tools like Git.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Jasmine.
- Hands on experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Protractor and Selenium is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Amazon AWS is a plus.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies.
- Reports directly to development management
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities
- Collaborated closely with the Business Owner and Technical Manager
- Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders to assess business need
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.