About Us :
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to staying ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
Job Responsibilities :
- Responsible for developing cutting-edge, web-based applications that are deployed as microservices that run on Kubernetes and that emphasize usability, ease of deployment, performance, and scalability.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions using the Microsoft .NET technology stack. The candidate should possess experience with deploying to Cloud services , Automated Testing, and Continuous Integration.
- Organize software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process and architecture of dedicated parts of the system. Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Work with the project team and internal customers to establish and understand requirements.
- Take on a championship role in on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application lifecycle.
- Promote knowledge-sharing across product development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST-based APIs.
- Passion for software development - enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
- A bias to action - a willingness to "jump right in" with an emphasis on producing results.
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well-defined.
- Very good spoken and written English (B2+)
What we offer:
- A greenfield project - opportunity to learn and use the best technologies and products
- Gain additional experience in building a scalable distributed platform-agnostic product
- Work with AI/ML technologies
- Team of great professionals
- Competitive salary with annual indexation according to region inflation
- Medical insurance for employees and their families
- Sport support (swimming pool, gym)
- English classes
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.