CARFAX has pursued the goal of a transparency and fairness used car market for over 35 years now. We do this by providing millions of customers with trusted vehicle history data. We have been offering our service with CARFAX Europe since 2007, and in Poland since 2019 with the aim of ensuring transparency and fairness in the used car market. We are looking for employees who share our vision and who will help us achieve the goal of changing the used car market in Europe for the better.
We are a dynamic and open-minded IT team with system administrators, software developers, data scientists and data analysts with a full DevOps oriented working style mindset. Our goal is to ensure high standards of quality through continuous optimization.
We are looking for a skillful and passionate Software Engineer to join the IHS Markit team - CARFAX that is responsible for development of the core CARFAX systems.
You can expect:
- Contribute to our team building new capabilities for API based products and microservices
- Integrate multiple backend, cloud-based internal services from our product delivery team in order to deliver the best customer experience for our product
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with other developers, stakeholders, and internal customers. For us Software Craftsmanship is important.
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and the product
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java, ideally in combination with a Java framework like Spring Boot or Micronaut.
- Experience writing software using a test-driven approach (TDD), for instance Junit for Java
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web- or microservices.
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines shipping containerized applications using GitLab CI, Jenkins, Docker
- Good knowledge of English
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience designing applications around message queuing systems such as Amazon SQS, RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- You have experience designing databases, relational and NoSQL-based (i.e. using MongoDB).
- Experience building applications on Amazon Web Services, Docker and Kubernetes
- Professional experience with Python and Python frameworks like PYPY, Falcon, or Flask.
- Experience developing in a DevOps environment
- Experience with working and collaborating as part of agile teams. You should have experience using approaches like pair programming, extreme programming and mob-style programming on a daily basis.
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Participation in English classes
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Remote recruitment and onboarding process
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.