CARFAX Inc. is the most trusted source of vehicle history information about US cars. For more than 30 years, CARFAX has been helping millions of used car shoppers make better purchase decisions and avoid expensive hidden problems. In addition, CARFAX has helped used car dealers around the world to build trust with their customers and sell their cars with confidence. CARFAX Europe is active in many European countries including Poland where they have been helping to protect consumers since early 2019.
We are looking for a skillful and passionate Software Engineer to join the - CARFAX. As a member of the "Data Technology Team" you will be responsible for building applications around large data sets. The applications are used both internally to support data analysis, as well as externally, providing value to our customers in form of reports, risk evaluations, trends and other visualizations.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java and/or Python, ideally in combination with
using a well
know framework for developing REST APIs.
- Technical leadership, as well as the ability to align aligning with business stakeholders on requirements.
- Experience designing and implementing data services.
- Experience working with databases, relational and NoSQL-based (i.e. using MongoDB).
Optional, but highly appreciated:
- Experience with Data Engineering, Spark, ETL Processes and Workflow Orchestration Tools
- You have supported highly available and scalable solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
another cloud provider. Even better if you used Terraform.
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines shipping containerized applications
- Experience with working and collaborating as part of agile teams. You have experience
approaches like pair programming, extreme programming and mob-style programming on a daily basis.
- Experience designing applications around message queuing systems such as AWS SQS,
Kafka or AWS Kinesis.
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Participation in English classes
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Remote recruitment and onboarding process
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.