IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operate as an SQA Engineer in a development team using mix of .NET core, Python, Angular and AWS technologies for a software platform that provides economic data.
- Participate as part of a project team to design, develop, and execute test suites for moderately complex software solutions.
- Producing regular reports on the status and quality of software releases and be prepared to speak to findings in an informative way to all levels of audience.
- Follow industry good testing practices to ensure high-quality deliverables with minimal defects.
- Continuously expand knowledge in the area of specialization.
- Assist in analyzing customer requirements and providing comprehensive test solutions to ensure software quality.
- Support the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 or more of leading testing tools/framework like Selenium, Cypress, Jmeter (required)
- API testing - understanding of RESTful design / best practices. Hands-on experience testing APIs and test tools
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with performance testing and tools
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps or another similar issue/bug tracking systems
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems (required)
- Prior experience working in the Agile development methodology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and curiosity for solving technical problems.
- Professional certification is a plus.
What we offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- English classes
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.