Manager, Software Engineering
PVR - Content Development Program
Content Development Program (CDP) provides high-quality entity, ownership, and compliance data across a wide range of equity and fixed income asset classes. Our data enables financial institutions to make informed decisions around investor relation, trading, valuations, and risk management.
CDP enables efficient collaboration between Issuers, Banks, and Investors by streamlining operations and enhance performance with data-driven portfolio monitoring, investor reporting, investment insights, compliance, valuations, for our Global Clients.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer who can help us develop a scalable, flexible, highly performant solutions using Angular, .NET and cloud native technologies.
This position involves rearchitecting and modernize applications, develop new features and maintenance activity of the existing services and infrastructure. The position offers interesting technical challenges involving working on a very large dataset. We are embarking on a multi-year expansion and requires strong developers to help expand the core capabilities of our platform, advance our cloud native strategy and more generally help built out our best of breed platform to support our growing business.
What You'll Do
- Drive and contribute in the design, planning and development of solutions based on business requirements using a diverse range of cloud native technologies.
- Develop high-performing, scalable and resilient services that are logically consistent and easy to consume.
- Drive architectural changes in the product to modernize and migrate to native cloud.
- Utilize modern development techniques, including continuous integration, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
- Responsible for ensuring services are available and responsive.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and initiate design discussion on how they can be usable
- Provides technical guidance to project team members, establishes best practices of development, design solution, writes code to solve complex problems
- Create and publish helpful, easy-to-understand, thorough technical documentation, including example code
- Deep experience on SQL server
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems and generate practical solutions in a logical manner
- Use industry expertise to help define best-fit solutions
- Design and develop robust API frameworks to deliver mission critical, performance, highly available services
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is required
- Strong coding experience of 6-8 years in C#, RestApi, .NET Core and Micro services
- Highly conversant with front-end skills like Angular 6+, HTML 5, Typescript
- Strong knowledge of writing C# unit testing libraries (nunit or xunit)
- Strong understanding of OOPS fundamentals, Entity Framework, LINQ and REST APIs
- Skilled on RDBMS (SQL server/Oracle etc)/No SQL(MongoDB/SOLR etc)
- Must be familiar with at least one data integration tool
- AWS cloud experience including ECS, Lambda functions, Load Balancers, S3, and Route 53 or Azure, GCP, etc.
- Understanding on networking concepts, including firewalls, proxy servers, security groups, virtual private clouds, subnets, and VPN gateways
- Hands on experience with implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Tools, such as Gitlab, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, Powershell, JIRA, Swagger, Splunk
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.