IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insights in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational changes in a number of business lines. At IHS Markit, our experts work closely with our clients to provide the data, insight and advanced analytics that maximize their workflows, produce innovative solutions to complex challenges, and position them for sustainable growth.
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Maritime&Trade team. Your responsibilities include:
- Work in a team environment using agile practices
- Utilize continuous integration and peer programming development methods
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and our products
You are an excellent problem solver who enjoys making people lives easier by integrating multiple tools that brings more smoothness and value to internal stakeholders.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Full project life-cycle experience in C#
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in maintaining high quality code - utilizing techniques like unit testing, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and programming concepts
- Knowledge of design patterns (including anti-patterns!)
- Motivation to bring the project to the next level of quality
- Fluent knowledge of Polish and good knowledge of English
In addition, the following skills are helpful:
- .NET Core
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS experience
What we offer
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.