IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. By continuously asking 'what if', we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world - in everything from finance to aerospace. The products, services and information we provide will uncover more intelligent solutions to today's most critical business challenges. Here, you will drive insights for some of the world's most influential companies. If you are ready to be a force of intelligence, join us!
Your future team focuses on developing a new analytical platform for the Energy Division.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate as part of a project team to design, develop, and execute test suites for complex software solutions.
- Foster inter-team cooperation as part of a project/program.
- Follow industry good testing practices to ensure high-quality deliverables with minimal defects.
- Report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede the attainment of goals, and accept direction on corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in the area of specialization.
- Operate as an SQA Engineer in a Python / NodeJS development team for a software platform that provides Energy data.
- Assist in analyzing customer requirements and providing comprehensive test solutions to ensure software quality.
- Support leadership in implementing best practices for software quality assurance around testing standards, patterns, and software development lifecycle and change management.
- Manage and improve existing automated tests.
- Support and champion the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Collaborate with Development Leads and Engineers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and IT Leadership.
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming language , SOAP & REST web services , and SQL .
- Experience in working with test automation frameworks .
- Experience in programming automated tests.
- Experience in designing the test automation process.
- Ability to engage in self-guided analysis and problem-solving.
- Prior experience working in the Agile development methodology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and curiosity for solving technical problems.
- Professional certification is a plus.
What we offer
- Working with the newest technologies
- Job position matched to your experience and expectations
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.