Position title: Sr. Data Analyst I
Years of Experience: 4 to 5 years
Shift Timings: General Shift Timings
We are looking for an Analytics & Reporting Specialist to gather, create and maintain department reporting. The right candidate will maintain existing Power BI dashboards and views, conduct entitlement audits, and own data analysts as required by system and/or product migrations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Creating & maintaining all Power BI reporting
- Creating & maintaining department SQL reporting
- Conducting regular entitlement audits
- Proactively improving the quality of company reporting (accuracy, timeliness, relevance, and completeness)
- Determine the root causes of data quality issues using a structured problem-solving methodology
- Provide stakeholders with the results of data quality initiatives to demonstrate the value of data quality function to the business. May include presentations for executive leadership
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and reporting needs
- Understanding internal systems to provide accurate and insightful reporting
- Handle ad hoc requests for data/reports
The following personal skills are desirable for this role:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create and present to mid & high-level executives
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work and outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong character, team player, flexibility, accountability
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines
The following technical skills are required for this role:
- Microsoft Power BI - Create views and maintain reports in Power BI
- Coding - M & DAX
- Have a general knowledge of Python and utilization
- Microsoft SQL Server - Complex Query writing
- Microsoft Excel - Complex combos of functions, pivot tables, VBA (ability to write your custom functions)
- Reporting Packages like (Business Objects, Salesforce etc.
Qualifications and Experience
The right candidate must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of two years' experience in a data quality focused role
- A minimum of two years' experience working in Salesforce (including reporting)
- A background in accounting, analytics and/or business
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Sciences
- Any of the following certifications/awards will be considered a plus:
- A recognized data quality certification e.g. IQCP, CIMP, ISO 8000
- MVP Microsoft SQL Server
- MVP Microsoft Office/Excel/Access
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Server 2008 or 2012.
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.