MarkitSERV combines the flagship electronic trade confirmation, position reconciliation and related workflow platforms from its parent companies to provide a single gateway for over-the-counter (OTC) derivative transaction processing globally. Our combined solution helps to reduce operational risk, streamline processing and improve the safety and certainty of the OTC derivatives markets by simplifying and automating trade processing across the major asset classes.
Our flagship platforms have complex trade entry and workflow screens which are constantly evolving due to our customers' changing requirements and the complexity of the OTC products. This is a great opportunity to understand how OTC derivatives work from a trade booking and workflow perspective as well a position which hone your UI and back-end skills.
No financial services experience is required and with this position being especially attractive to those looking to enter the world of FinTech UIs, trade booking and workflow.
You will have 3+ years' experience of full-stack (Java & Angular) development in order to meet the needs of our expanding portfolio of Financial Services clients. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team based out of Gurgaon and to work with colleagues across multiple regions globally.
What You'll Do
- The candidate will be expected to take ownership of development tasks assigned to them and will produce high quality software to deliver on these tasks.
- The candidate is expected to be well versed in principles of and best practices in software development and should be able to apply them within the boundaries and constraints of the project they work in.
- With a strong focus on software quality, productivity and delivery, the candidate will seek value in and exercise all aspects of DevOps.
- The candidate should be able to design or assist in designing components and subsystems based on the requirements and specifications provided by the Business Analysts.
- They should be able to decompose their development tasks based on their designs and provide development estimates.
- They will be expected to communicate and collaborate with Business Analysts to clarify requirements. Their collaboration with Quality Assurance will ensure bugs being resolved effectively and efficiently.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Java 8+
- Solid software design skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively learn about the system (quick learner)
- Takes pride in their work, committed to meeting deadlines and producing high-quality code that results in minimal rework
- Understanding of multi-threading
- Understand and write performant, testable and maintainable code
- Experience of Test-Driven Development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of relational databases particularly Postgres
- RESTful Server development
- JMS (ActiveMQ)
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.