IHS Markit Upstream content offers unique worldwide coverage of oil and gas fields.
This role will focus on research, analysis and database management of oil and gas fields and projects in the Australasia region. The role will be a key member of the regional upstream team, working on data quality projects to ensure completeness, correctness, consistency and timeliness of the IHS Markit's E&P database, which is used extensively in the oil industry.
• Undertake extensive research on oil and gas fields in the Australasia region. Liase with other team members in collecting and reviewing the information.
• Update, maintain and validate field related modules in IHS Markit's E&P database. Work closely with other team members on field production, reserves and development updates to support our asset valuation workflow, regional/country supply analysis.
• Conduct field data quality projects driven by basin/area reviews, global attribute quality goals, asset opportunities, etc.
• Use various computer applications, including GIS tools, for quality control.
• Participate in workflow improvement process, including automation initiatives.
• Address client inquiries related to oil and gas fields in the region.
• Attend industry-related events to gather information and build network of contacts.
• Publish paper(s) in scientific journals and/or oral presentation(s) in conferences.
A Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or Petroleum Engineering is essential. Post-graduate qualification preferred.
• Industry/work experience in petroleum geoscience/engineering; preferably more than 2 years
• Experience with data analytical softwares such as Excel, Access, Power BI, etc., and GIS tools such as ESRI ArcMap
• Good technical knowledge on Australasia basins, development projects.
• Strong analytical and quality control skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work on deadlines
• Good communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
• Team player who is able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, willingness to learn and manage challenges
• IT skills including use of oracle databases and ESRI GIS systems.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.