As a .Net Developer and a member of a team of elite, highly-skilled forward-thinking software developers working on product development in an agile and collaborative environment, you will work with cutting edge technologies and learn how these technologies are applied in the global capital markets. In addition to the design and development work, you will also gain exposure to the financial services industry. You will have the opportunity to mentor team members and work in a fast-paced Agile environment. You will take initiatives and collaborate extensively with the stakeholders and within the development team to achieve ambitious goals. This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization, at what is arguably the most exciting time in the rapid evolution of our company.
What you'll work on:
- Design, develop, and implement heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- All aspects of database development: modeling, stored procedures, performance tuning, deploying, etc.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining Web Services for integrations with various internal and external applications
- Providing support for our application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Work with Product Owner to translate business requirements into technical designs and then help to plan Sprints that deliver quality components and products on time
- Assisting the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8++ years of application development experience one or many of:
- .Net Core
- ASP.Net Core
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL, SSIS
- MV* UI frameworks like Angular 2+
- Windows/Linux environment
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and can work independently
- Experience with Caching and Search technologies
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, TFS, TeamCity, Artifactory, Docker, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with cloud based technologies as provided by AWS or Azure
- Experience working with off-shore resources
- Knowledge of Financial domain
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.