Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage a combination of our mature .NET stack along with the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
- Lead a team of developers who are building amazing web sites for some of the biggest names in
the financial industry
- Mentor developers of all levels, evangelizing your knowledge and best practices to colleagues
- Take deep ownership and shape the future of your team and your applications
- Work directly with clients to improve their current offerings in addition to conceptualizing
new ways to engage with their clients
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Use your experience in estimation and architecture to accurately size projects and choose
- Satisfy your natural craving for problem solving by building proof-of-concepts and designing
- Tap into years of .NET and web experience to peer review code and pair program through tricky
- You're smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don't know how yet
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting fast paced
- A good sense of humor, eagerness to learn, and a drive to be successful.
- Experience working with the big data in a high-speed, high-availability environment
- Background in the financial markets, economic theory, or statistics is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in IT, or relevant professional experience
- Experience managing co-located and remote team members
Where we're going
Hot on the heels of moving our service - oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we'll be rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and .NET Core. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.