The Global Markets Group at IHS Markit is seeking a highly motivated senior buyside product manager to join our team and focus on product innovation for the asset management client segment. You will partner with both the commercial leads of each of our capital formation businesses and our technology teams to create solutions for this client group. This is an exciting opportunity to join an energetic, entrepreneurial and focused team in the capital formation technology.
Our vision is to continue to build and enhance the ecosystem of capabilities, products and services to serve the asset management industry. As part of this vision, you will be a member of the GMG senior leadership team crafting product(s) and strategy to serve this important client segment. The role will consider workflow solutions, the use of data & analytics , integration points in/out of the GMG ecosystem and buy side technology needs with a razor sharp focus on asset management across asset classes. You should have deep domain expertise in all or parts of the capital markets workflow for the buyside, and have a global perspective. E.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Municipal bonds & buyside technology.
Global Markets Group is a $200m business within Information Services segment of the Financial Services group at IHS Markit. We provide a variety of technology capabilities, solutions and services at the center of capital formation for all primary market workflows. Our expertise includes roadshows, deal data and analytics, book building and deal workflows, compliance and reporting.
Reporting to the head of Global Markets, you will partner with senior stakeholders and the commercial leads of Fixed Income, Equities and Municipal bonds, collaborating with clients, to drive our buyside vision.
Duties & accountabilities
- Lead asset management product solutions efforts across Global Markets Group
- Partner with commercial leads to define and establish product strategy to influence buyside front office
- Collaborate with commercials leads to articulate asset management/buyside approach and establish common framework across commercial groups to inform product roadmap and prioritization
- Evaluate buyside workflows and front office technology needs and partner across organization to craft vision of buyside product roadmap
- Understand industry trends and anticipate changes to asset management workflow needs
- Identify & influence common characteristics for commercial businesses and collaborate with technology to create manufacturing scale
- Work with buy side clients to validate and develop plans for building new products and services
- Experience in capital markets technology within Traditional Asset management, E.g. I-Banking, Strategy Consulting for capital markets
- Expertise in capital markets workflows solutions for asset managers and or hedge funds; focus on primary issuance
- Strong technology understanding with ability to establish requirements and ability to understand/ articulate workflow needs for asset managers, E.g. LO/Hedge funds, Banks, etc.
- Working knowledge of Order management systems (OMS), Electronic Communication Networks (ECN) and FIX protocol is a plus
- Strong network of relationships with capital markets with a focus on fixed income & the buyside
- Familiarity with commercials approaches to workflow and data solutions
- Excellent understanding of capital markets software systems and technology
- Innovative thinker with ability to execute
- Strong knowledge of competitive landscape for primary issuance across asset classes & geographies
- Highly strategic approach and should have the ability to question status quo
- Presence with an ability to represent the team at various levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prioritize and multi-task balancing technical, business and other drivers
- Highly organized with very good attention to detail
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through the resolution.
- Flexible and willing to adapt and respond to changing situations in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrates a global mindset, respects cultural differences and is open to new ideas and approaches
- Razor sharp focus on clients with ability to build relationship within clients
- Strong ability to connect and communicate cross functionally, E.g. Businesses, tech, operations
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Selfless collaborator with a focus on excellence with drive to win
- Strong leader by example, team builder & player
- Facility to collaborate across technology and all functional areas within Information services
- Strong desire for accountability
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.