The Finance team has to help the business grow and achieve its goals. We partner across the business with new initiatives, from sales to technology, in order to support growth in all areas. Our role is to take into account every aspect of the company combined, to make sure we’re financially sound and heading in the right direction. With the rate at which our business is growing, life in the finance department is never dull. Every day is different and provides a different challenge, whether that’s forecasting, reporting or learning - there’s a lot of room to prove yourself and to progress.
Position: Head of Finance - Sales UK
Department: UK Finance
Reports to: UK Finance Director
Location: Fleet Place House, Central London
We are hiring a Head of Finance to partner with the UK Sales organisation and its leadership team. As a senior member of the finance team, you will be the key business partner to the UK Commercial Director and their senior team. You will work closely with their team across all areas of UK Sales, which covers strategic account management with large branded restaurant groups, field-based account management of our restaurant estate, and key restaurant management support teams.
The UK business is the largest business unit in the group and continues to grow strongly. In 2018 our revenue was £386m, growing 27% year-on-year, and representing 49% of group revenue.
This is a ‘hands on’ and high profile role, with the opportunity to make a difference in a crucial area of our UK business and develop your path towards a Finance Director role. You will be someone who enjoys working in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment, has strong data and influencing skills, and has the commercial awareness to understand and drive a P&L.
You will have 1 direct report and be a senior member of the UK Finance team. You will work closely with the UK Finance Director and the other senior members of the UK Finance team.
· Primary point of contact and the Finance Lead for the UK Commercial Director and their Leadership team
· Execution of our key commercial strategies through close collaboration with senior members of the UK Sales team, providing in-depth financial analysis and insight to drive continual improvement
· Development and evaluation of commercial KPIs and objectives to drive effective oversight and commercial decision making
· Ownership and oversight for producing, developing and maintaining budgets and forecasts
· Active commercial role in supporting project delivery, commercial negotiations and decision-making
· Develop and maintain an improved set of processes and controls, partnering with management and leveraging support from the wider finance team
· Drive a progressive and positive culture between the UK Sales, Finance and Business Intelligence teams to support effective commercial outcomes
Required skills and experience
· You may be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with 4+ years post qualified experience. Alternatively you may be from a strategy consulting or investment banking background.
· A combination of advisory and in-house experience, especially in relevant sectors, is valuable
· You have excellent collaborative and stakeholder management skills. You are able to forge long term, trusting business relationships with senior and mid level leaders and can advise, support and challenge to achieve successful outcomes in a fast-moving, strongly results-driven environment. You have the judgment to work effectively with both UK and Group colleagues.
· You are a capable people manager
· You have advanced analysis & modelling skills
· You have an understanding of online marketplaces and the takeaway market
· You are proactive, self-motivated and commercially minded
· You are able to innovate and solve problems with an optimistic but pragmatic approach
· You are adaptable, hardworking, personable
· You are a team player with the ability to take complex financial data and explain the insights clearly to non-financial colleagues. #LGBT+Jobs