It's our job to understand and serve the Just Eat customer. Who are the people that come to Just Eat to buy their meals online? What do they need? What can we do to make their experiences better? Our Technology department is revolutionising the way people interact with food online every day by exploring new channels, such as voice-controlled ordering and virtual reality. Our team also collaborates with other internal departments to make sure our products and tech are tailor made from top insights and industry expertise.
Position: Senior iOS Engineer or iOS Engineer
Just Eat is looking to hire an iOS Engineer who has a passion for creating world class
products. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact
across the business. You’ll work closely with the Technology Manager to set objectives
that cover our France and Switzerland markets.
As an iOS Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
● The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce
● Delivering on quarterly OKR’s set for the consumer teams
● Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technical Lead.
● Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed upon.
● Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Management.
● Collaborating with UX teams to turn mock-ups and design visions into reality.
● Communicate the technical work of your team to other engineering teams.
● Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that
they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
● Creating and maintaining our open source iOS code
● Releasing new versions to the store (~4 weeks) and supporting those changes all
the way through to operating successfully in customers’ hands.
● Reviewing and merging your teams pull requests, after those automated tests have
● Coming up with awesome ideas to implement in the app!
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a senior member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day to day:
● Design and build great software
● Move fast with confidence
● Secure, stable, scalable, fast and reliable platform
● Trust, control and transparency
What can you expect from us?
We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the
authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the
rest of the platform and company.
● The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team of
a successful and still fast growing company.
● An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to,
and will win out. Pick your metric, set a hypothesis and prove it.
● An open, Innovative , friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code
and regular social events, including sundowners every Friday.
● Hackathons every quarter – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your
choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
● Ability to open source code that you work on.
● Open minded approach to development practises. We work asynchronously and
use the tools we have effectively, keeping you in the zone for as long as possible.
● All the hardware you need to get your job done.
● The option to use open source code to solve problems. Do not re-invent the wheel.
● A balance between adding product features and improving the code base. We
hate technical debt.
● Join a fast growing company that is also the clear market leader
● Fortnightly lunches delivered to our new trendy office with rooftop garden!
Skills & experience:
You must have experience of:
● Networking and integration with server-side APIs
● Custom UI component creation, animations and custom transitions
● Integration and unit testing
● Continuous integration
● Experience in building stable software with high attention to detail
● Understanding of developing software in isolated and
● Having a deep understanding of API design for efficiency, readability
You will have an advantage if you have experience of:
● Working within an e-commerce business
● Amazon Web Services (AWS)
● Mobile payments
Required skills and experience
Why work at Just Eat?
We have been on an incredible journey over the last 15 years, one which we are really
proud of. Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most
successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year
order growth of over 50%. Just Eat is the clear global leader in the online takeaway
ordering sector – processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1
position in all of these.
We have achieved this by building a growing network of over
63,000 restaurant partners
and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and
our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands,
we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on
creating the world's greatest food community.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we
have 2500 Just Eaters. They
embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the
people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture.
We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.