There’s more to marketing than running an advertising campaign and hoping it performs well. Building the greatest food community in the world requires a deep understanding of the people that make it up.
That’s why we like to say we’re as good a listener as we are a talker. By that we mean we communicate with our customers and restaurant partners in the same way. We stick to our brand values, and ensure each remain as excited about building the world’s greatest food community and discovering new flavours as we are.
Joining our Marketing department, one minute you could be working on a TV campaign and the next a Halloween discount offer push. It’s fast-paced, fun, creative and varied.
Position: Social Media Customer Team Lead
Department: Customer Operations
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire - May require occasional travel to our Fleet Place offices in Central London.
What is the opportunity?
Can you tell a brand doing great things in social channels rather than doing an ‘ok’ job? Do you find the psychology behind customer service fascinating? Do you smile when a customer thanks you? If you find yourself nodding, then this role might just be for you.
To ensure great customer service is delivered across our social media channels, working within the call centre to supervise the customer care social media team. Working on projects and assisting the Social Media Community Team Manager in executing business and departmental goals.
The role is mainly based at our fun and vibrant offices in Borehamwood, but may require occasional travel to our Fleet Place office in central London.
The working hours will total 37.5 hours-a-week across shifts, between 09:00-00:00. Applicants must be able to work on weekends.
The core responsibilities associated with this role:
- Leading the team by example, helping to motivate and inspire your team members
- Working alongside Customer Care and Social Media management to ensure that all relevant KPIs are met and upheld.
- Training, coaching and development of the customer care social media team to deliver a world class experience.
- Assisting in managing crisis, communicating with key stakeholders to highlight.
- Driving a high performance culture within the the customer care social media team to ensure daily tasks are carried out according to the priority list.
- Assisting Social Media Community Manager with social projects, including aligning with advertising campaigns and product launches.
- Reviewing insights shared by Senior Advisors and completing root cause analysis
- Managing periodic reporting on your team’s members and their performance.
- Supervising competitions and promotions across social media platforms.
- Ensuring all marketing goals and customer care goals are met.
- Reporting problems and successes to the Community and Customer Operations Managers.
- Act as an advocate of the Company in our social channels and as the advocate of social within the Company, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate.
Required skills and experience
- Previous supervisory or team-leader experience preferable.
- Effective delegation skills and the desire to build an exceptional team.
- Ability to manage varied workload and organise yours, and team members time effectively.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to educate other team members of digital & social media concepts and their relevance to the wider customer care and marketing teams.
- Effective and demonstrable problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to ensure that agreed KPIs are met and beaten.
- An understanding and passion for delivery of outstanding customer service across social media channels (incl. Facebook, Twitter and Google+), within a customer journey context.
- Previous experience using third-party social media monitoring/page management tools such as Radian6, Hootsuite, Conversocial and Wildfire is preferred.
- Previous integrated digital marketing experience is an advantage.