At Levi Strauss & Co., you can be yourself — and be part of something bigger. We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We collaborate instead of competing. We believe that diverse perspectives make us stronger. And we try not to take ourselves too seriously. There’s plenty of room to make your mark here!
As a Merchant you'll be responsible for executing the European merchandising strategy for Levi.com and Bcom in collaboration with global, Geo Merchants and channel teams to build profitable product assortments that will maximize performance, productivity and brand experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build the assortment strategy for Levi.com in close collaboration with the Ecom team, digital merchant, marketing and site merchandising team.
- Support in the building of segmented product assortments for Bcom while building Monthly product stories, capsules in line with the big ideas of the season and regional strategy.
- Execute an effective Go-to-market strategy in line with Global guidelines by category, style, color, price and flow. Assort efficiently for the right seasonal and monthly flow, ensuring buy now wear now strategy maximizing the sell-through opportunity.
- Analyze product performance, sell in / out, ROS, markdown, price to determine needs and future success and opportunities for Levi.com and Bcom.
- Provide an informed POV for the development of the product seasonal brief, identify gaps and eventually initiate local product development needs.
- Build successful and impactful “product exclusive” strategy and energy moments for Levi.com.
- Manage Left to sell and take in season actions to drive incremental business for both Levi.com and Bcom while reducing inventory risks.
- Stay informed on consumer trends, customer needs and what is selling both globally and locally. Liaise with your regional peers (US, AMA) to build a strong and cohesive strategy for Levi.com.
- Present the product assortments at internal meetings, ensure an inspiring and consistent message that builds brand equity and strengthens Levi’s® position in the market.
- Provide consumer insights and opportunities to the Brand teams using market place expertise, performance to support the development of Levi.com and Bcom.
- Timely create and maintain line plans, range plans, directive assortment plans, PLM, systems and tools.
- Good knowledge of merchandising, market expertise, price and margin targets.
- Knowledge of Online business, B to B platform, allocation, stories layouts and visual impact.
- Very developed fashion and apparel taste, understand different target consumers.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills- includes influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates high degree of flexibility and initiative with minimal direction.
- English is a must, other language skills are a plus.
- Travel of approx. 10-15%
Education & experience:
- Desire to work for a world class merchandising team.
- A curious mind / passion to learn and a love of product.
- Proficiency with MS office applications (Word &Excel).
Functional Competencies :
- Product Assortment – Through a commercial lens, analyzes, interprets and applies consumer/sales/market data to develop brand building & profitable assortments
- Consumer & Market insights – Ability to identify both future oriented and in-season consumer and market apparel trends to create a strategic brand vision and point of view
- Product Aesthetics – has an intuitive passion for product coupled with expertise in fit, fabric and finish to ensure brand and consumer relevant product that emotional appeal is created
- Financial Acumen – skilled at the key financial levers and performance measures to maximize revenue, profitability, volume, sell through and brand equity through market right product assortments
- Functional leadership – leads Go-To-Market process through superior cross functional communication, influencing and collaboration across multiple functions and channels of distribution
FULL TIME/PART TIME