Lewis Silkin is a UK top-100 commercial law firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Dublin and Hong Kong. The firm is recognised by clients and industries alike as being distinct: for its deep understanding, insight and advice to creative, innovative and brand-focused businesses; for its market-leading international practice in employment, immigration and reward; and for delivering pragmatic, commercial advice in a refreshingly human way.
With 59 partners and more than 300 staff, the firm is structured around two key divisions.
In employment, immigration and reward, it is consistently top-ranked, and was named HR Law Firm of the Year 2015 by the Legal 500. With over 100 lawyers, Lewis Silkin’s employment and immigration team offers an unrivalled service supporting clients, including many of the world’s leading businesses, on their HR, employment and immigration law needs domestically and internationally.
The creators, makers and innovators team is made up of leading advisers for creative, innovative and brand-focused businesses, offering a deep understanding of the industry sectors in which clients operate combined with real expertise across a wide range of legal services. From start-ups to multinationals, the firm’s comprehensive and commercially focused advice helps clients succeed in an increasingly complex and converged international marketplace.The department
We have a substantial IP practice with over 50 lawyers, attorneys and specialist support staff practising in this area and are recognised in Chambers, Legal 500 and WTR for a number of IP related fields including trade mark filing and prosecution, IP litigation, advertising, brand management, sport and media and entertainment.
Our trade mark prosecution client base is varied; however, much work is focussed on the following sectors: advertising/marketing, retail, fashion, entertainment, automotive and sports.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Billing Assistant to join our busy team. The successful candidate must have a professional manner and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They must enjoy working in a team environment. They will need to have excellent numerate skills and be highly organised. They must have a flexible nature and a co-operative and willing attitude.Responsibilities
- Requesting trademark pro formas and distributing amongst fee earners for review and amends before authorised proformas are sent to Billing
- Use of the firms autobilling system- generation, deletion and updating of ad hoc proformas
- Working with the fee-earners to ensure timely proforma review, approval and return to billing.
- Manage the TM invoices inbox and process all incoming invoices ready for Partner authorisation and processing.
- Deal with incoming Statements of Account, ensure all checks are completed and ascertaining status of invoice in system before processing payment.
- Dealing with incoming Statements of Account, filing emails to correct foreign agent inbox, checking the firms systems to ascertain status of invoices, if required liaising with Credit Control.
- Acting as the first point of contact for client queries for invoices, liaising with matter handler/partner, cancelling invoices and arranging credit notes.
- Liaising with Billing and Cashiers on a daily basis, requesting disbursements be added, requesting amends/transfers, requesting monies on account to be applied and other various tasks.
- Return monies on client account and/or refunds as necessary, contact client for bank details and prepare immediate payment forms.
- Developing and maintaining practice billing guidelines
- Managing billing projects for key clients
- Running regular WIP reports as and when required
- Despatch of bills to clients
The successful candidate must have a professional manner and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They must enjoy working in a team environment. They will need to have excellent numerate skills and be highly organised. They must have a flexible nature and a co-operative and willing attitude.
Abilities and desired qualities:
- Attention to detail – a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Ability to manage a busy workload.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Team player and enthusiastic.
- Professional in conduct and appearance at all times.
- Punctual at all times.
IT skills required:
- Sound IT skills – experience of Word and Excel. Although not necessary, would be helpful to have experience of Elite or a similar system. Full training on document management and practice management systems will be provided