Commercial Account Handler "EUR" Jelf "EUR" Worthing (West Sussex)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Account Handler in our office in Worthing (West Sussex). We require the successful candidate to be part of a busy team of 8 Account Handlers supporting 5 Client Executives with the management of all combined insurance queries from a diverse portfolio of commercial clients.
- To act as the primary contact and reference for all commercial insurance queries.
- Ensure all requests from the Executives are dealt with promptly, correctly and efficiently within Jelf"EURTMs regulatory guidelines for compliance.
- To gather all relevant information & documentation from the outset clients on their policy, levels of cover and pertinent exclusions in relation to the queries being presented.
- To action all new queries report to the relevant insurers.
- Build constructive relationships with insurers and their panel suppliers in order to facilitate the negotiation and rapid settlement of all queries.
- Ensure all files are maintained and updated with all document, email and telephone exchanges.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and to put the interests of Clients first and treat them fairly.
- Attend any meetings, internally or externally as and when reasonably required.
Skills & Experience
- At least five years experience as an account handler within commercial insurance
- Confortable working under pressure whilst keeping a sharp eye on technical insurance details
- To work at speed within a busy work environment
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Confident and effective telephone skills
- Ability to priorities and organise own workload
- Ability to work supportively and jointly in a team environment
- Demonstrate suitable interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Acturis broking and claim system
- Ideally CII qualified but not mandatory
Jelf is a specialist broker providing Commercial/Corporate insurance to small, medium and large sized businesses, with insurance policies provided by some of the best known insurers around.
Jelf offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work towards their CII qualifications, which will be fully sponsored by Jelf.