About the Role:
Location – London
Salary – Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Start Date - Monday 20th January 2020
Closing Date – Monday 24th February 2020
This position is for an experienced professional individual contributor, who with minimal supervision, builds complex analyses to evaluate assumptions, premiums and risk, analyzes industry factors that affect loss liabilities, and consults with clients on reinsurance actuarial services that assess and mitigate risk. They will assist in producing actuarial work by liaising with clients to understand their strategic reinsurance needs and building optimisation models.
· Consults with brokers on client's needs and advises on reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level and industry trends to help clients mitigate risk
· Implements complex models/calculations to assess risk and develop pricing and strategies for a range of risk exposures for clients
· Delivers actuarial reviews and determines renewal premiums with brokers based on the modelling output from the client data in support of reinsurance transaction process
· Advises clients on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities which may impact their business
· Establishes and maintains relationships with brokers, re-insurers, and clients to support new business development within reinsurance actuarial services
· Leads project or client work through the utilization of any level team member.
· Responsible for directing and mentoring junior staff.
· Peer reviews the work of lower level professionals.
· Develops our actuarial capabilities and offering to grow our business
· Builds capital models to assist in optimising reinsurance structures
· Preferred candidates would have experience in UK, MENA and South African clients (knowledge of MEA insurance companies and regulations are an advantage)
· Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field
· Pricing, Valuation and/or Capital modelling experience preferred and experience of using capital modelling software
· Coding experience in programming languages (i.e.. R, Python, VBA or SQL)
· Qualified as an actuary from Institute of actuaries on Casualty actuarial society
· CFA Level 1 and 2 qualified
· Ideally will have ERM qualifications
Guy Carpenter Overview:
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.