Administration Team Manager
To proactively manage a team of staff engaged in a variety of tasks related to the administration of Final Salary and Defined Contribution Schemes, to deliver contracted levels of service and reporting within agreed costs.
The Team Manager role is pivotal in providing an effective and consistent service to clients. As the 'engine room' of our business it is vitally important that a Team Manager can maintain:
- A clear understanding of client profitability and expected service
- An effective and well trained group of Senior Administrators and Administrators
- A buoyant and healthy level of team morale
To deliver service in a customer focussed and conscientious manner and ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead a team of 20 people and managing approximately 7 clients, management of BAU deliverables
- Deliver work within specified timescales agreed in the service contract or with the Senior Manager as appropriate
- To ensure the team complies with internal procedures, all aspects of pensions legislation and adhere to service and quality standards
- Liaison with the Senior Manager regarding resourcing and client expectations for all schemes managed by the team
- Responsible for the effective development and training of all team members to fulfil both MMC's needs and the employee's potential (relating to the administration of pension schemes)
- Collation and reporting of Management Information to the Service Manager as required
- Encourage ideas and suggestions for improving working methods taking into account client and member experience, where appropriate implement and document changes under the guidance of the Service Manager
- Conduct formal staff appraisals and document these within the timescales
- Undertake monthly 1:1's with all team members to be held to listen to team members concerns/comments but also to: provide feedback on quality and quantitative measures, review and update Personal Development Plans, review competency on processes and scheme knowledge and undertake performance management with individuals as required
- Assist with client audits as required
- Manage and participate in projects as required from the business and/or clients from time to time
- Have a strong working knowledge and experience of pensions legislation and regulation
- Basic PMI qualifications as a minimum and ideally working towards APMI
- Computer literate - strong on Microsoft Office suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and the ability to competently check work on occasion
- Forward planning for resource and change
- Experience and knowledge of SharePoint, Practice Engine and some project management skills are desirable
Benefits of working with us
At Mercer, we offer a range of benefits and rewards (some of which are listed below) in exchange for your willingness to learn, interest in Pensions and to progress within the team.
Interested? Please apply online by submitting your resume and a brief cover letter stating what attracts you to this role.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension schemes, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.