An opportunity for an ambitious individual to progress your career within our fast paced Company Secretariat team.
The purpose of the Assistant Company Secretary role is to provide a professional company secretarial service to a portfolio of intermediate holding and dormant companies and their directors, to ensure these companies fulfil their legal and statutory obligations under the Companies Act and other legislation. This role will need to interface with the directors of those companies, UK and International Compliance, Legal and other members of the company secretarial teams, business stakeholders and agents.
The role will involve undertaking the planning of the timetable for and drafting minutes and papers in relation to board meetings within the Company Secretary’s portfolio as well participating in ad hoc MMC/Marsh led Projects by adhering to Project step plans including arranging and attending board meetings where appropriate, such projects to include but are not exclusive to restructuring, acquisitions and liquidations.
The role will also involve undertaking some general tasks on behalf of the wider team for example the filing of confirmation statements for all UK entities and management of the company secretarial input and approval of the annual financial statements for all UK companies.
For a portfolio of unregulated trading and dormant companies within the MMC UK Group:
- Liaising with individuals responsible for producing reports to board and committees for a portfolio of companies
- Setting dates and agendas for board and committee meetings
- Undertaking all logistical aspects of board and committee meetings
- Production and distribution of board and committee papers
- Drafting minutes of meetings for review and approval by the Chairs of the meetings
- Driving updates on outstanding actions from meetings Act as replacement Secretary for other UK Company Secretaries in the event of absence
- Maintaining computerised and original statutory records
- Coordinating input to and approval of Annual Statutory Accounts and Letters of Representation for all UK operating and dormant companies
- Completion and filing of confirmation statements for all UK operating and dormant companies, including any changes to the PSC.
- Creation and maintenance of board terms of reference and delegated authorities
- Review and maintain Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Drafting of resolutions reflecting board and share capital changes and transactional approvals
- Drafting minutes/resolutions for the approval of corporate actions for all UK operating and dormant companies e.g. change of registered office, appointment of directors and/secretaries etc.
- Administration of the Document Approval and Execution process
- Validation of Blueprint information
- Provision of company secretarial information and documentation for RFP requests
- Actively participate in various internationally proposed projects including restructures, liquidations etc.
- Provision of proxies, notarised documentation etc for legal entities which are the shareholders of international subsidiaries
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ideally ACIS recently qualified or nearly qualified or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience of board support and UK company law administration (financial services preferred)
- Ability to manage a portfolio of companies independently with minimal support
- Good up to date technical knowledge of UK company law and administration and corporate governance requirements
- Track record of interfacing effectively with stakeholders including senior management
- Confident communicator, written and oral
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Collaborative and a good team player
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software (Diligent and Blueprint) and basic knowledge of Powerpoint
- Practical with a common sense approach to problem solving
- Proactive and self-motivated
- A basic understanding of the insurance industry preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs