Associate Consultant - Actuarial
The role of the Associate Consultant is to provide a range of support to a team of Consultants and Actuaries. This will involve carrying out actuarial calculations, drafting reports and assisting with all aspects of Client Management.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Complete technical calculations and draft reports for Consultants and Consulting Actuaries -
- these may be routine actuarial reports, non standard actuarial reports or reports of a non-actuarial nature
- Analyse scheme accounts, investment reports, scheme documentation and company accounts
- Draft letters and reports as instructed which should be clear and completed in line with internal and external standards
- Attend to telephone and written queries as instructed
- Attend client meetings as required
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Build professional relationships with clients where client contact is appropriate and approved
- Communicate technical information, providing the client with a clear understanding and minimising follow up queries
- Ensure meeting actions are dealt with as appropriate
- Produce work within deadlines and budgets as instructed
- Perform all work to professional standards and within client and statutory deadlines
- Attain a personal billable hours target
- Maintain an accurate record of working time
Experience and Education Requirements
- Experience of the Pensions Industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in an Actuarial team, producing calculations.
- Relevant degree / professional qualification.
Key Competencies and Technical/Behavioural:
- Attention to detail
- Drive and resilience
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Planning and Organising skills
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Good Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical ability
- Sufficient relevant pensions experience
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit calculations and actuarial valuations
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension schemes, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.