Location – Leeds
Salary – Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Start Date - Monday 3rd February 2020
Closing Date – Wednesday 4th March 2020
Our Leeds Pensions Actuarial consulting team is looking to appoint a Pensions / Actuarial Consultant to support Scheme Actuaries/lead Consultants within the team. Experience of the pensions industry and proven experience in an actuarial role is essential, as is detailed knowledge of the Risk First Lantern valuation software and PFaore modelling tool and experience of working a DB master trust provider. Progression with the IFoA exams is key. This forward thinking division offers excellent career pathing opportunities towards becoming a Consulting Actuary.
- Providing support on the day to day management of clients.
- Ensuring that client expectations are met, delivering the service and assisting with the co-ordination of other services from specialists within the Company.
- Providing support to ensure that clients become and remain reference-able and do not leave
- Supporting to increase revenue and profitability of the clients.
- To provide a cost effective and high quality service which meets the needs of clients on a commercial basis
- Where appropriate, providing actuarial services to clients and utilising the abilities of the actuarial support team
Main responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that the quality of service provided to stakeholders is continuously high.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that relevant procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Complete and/or review technical calculations and reports for Consulting Actuaries - these may be routine actuarial reports, non standard actuarial reports or reports of a non actuarial nature
- Support on technical actuarial areas including FRS102/IAS19/US GAAP approximate calculations etc. as appropriate for role
- Draft letters and reports as appropriate, completed in line with internal and external standards
- Draft agendas for and attend client meetings and ensure actions are dealt with as appropriate
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Build professional relationships with client
Experience and Education Requirements
- Experience of the pensions industry and proven experience in an actuarial role.
- Detailed knowledge of the Risk First Lantern valuation software and the Risk First modelling tool.
- Experience of working with a DB master trust provider, working on multiple DB schemes with a standardised approach.
- Proficiency in Maths and/or a related degree is important whilst some progression with the IFoA exams will be advantageous
The appointed candidate will need to quickly establish an understanding of:
- Benefit Solutions, policies and procedures, relevant systems
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations and how to apply them.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, good standard of written report writing skills. Listening skills.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal staff and external parties.
- Ability to carry out and review actuarial calculations.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.