Mercer have an exciting opportunity for a London-based Bid Manager to support revenue growth in our International region by improving win rates and driving sales.
The Major Bids Team is committed to collaborate with the Mercer business across the International Region to win more large, strategic opportunities. The International Region covers 41 countries – covering UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East
As the Bid Management team across this region, the Team does this by working on key, strategic bids (both new clients and opportunities, as well as re-bids) by driving and shaping our response in collaboration with the business. During the development of our response the role involves ensuring a high-quality response, that the key messages resonate throughout our responses, as well as coaching the team in preparation for face to face interaction by again ensuring that these key messages are delivered consistently and with maximum impact.
As a Bid Manager you will work as part of an eight-person team. You will help shape our responses – resulting in impactful and high quality literature and materials to communicate winning differentiators as well as helping to prepare the pitch teams.
This role will appeal to somebody who wants to work in a collaborative way with colleagues to win bids, bringing energy and passion. It will involve working on challenging opportunities, sometimes working to tight deadlines, requiring some level of flexibility.
- Demonstrate a strong, professional approach to managing the bid, including outputs, timescales, and resources
- Contribute to the development of high quality response documents, leveraging the in-house Bid Design team
- Work with the business and the other Bid Managers to ensure that the response reflects the agreed messaging and play an active role in developing and completing key sections of the response
Key Message Development and Pitch Preparation
- Actively participate in the development of the Key Messages
- Actively work with the team to support developing impactful pitch materials
- Liaise with the team and creative designers to develop pitch materials which will effectively communicate the key messages
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Fluent in German, very strong in English are essential
- Analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Previous experience of working in the Professional Services environment is desirable
- Proven experience of working in a Bid Management role is essential
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.