12 month maternity leave contract
Reporting into the Head of Marketing for Jelf, this role will support the insurance broking arm of the business in improving conversion and enhance retention of clients. In addition, you will undertake timely internal challenge reviews with the aim to avoid defensive exercises. This is a national role that will involve extensive travel throughout the UK including South West England, North East England and London /Home Counties.
You will support the New Business Producers to include Account Executives and Directors and the Sales Function through the Bid process.
- To lead and drive the bids and tenders resource across Jelf in the UK
- To lead and manage reviews / tenders and resources to agreed scope and deadlines
- Create appropriate documentation including reports, discussion documents and other presentations as required
- Collaborate across the group to engage best in front resource
- Provide technical insight into the programme structure / coverage
- Ensure service, claims and risk management optimal for each client / prospect
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout lifecycle of the project - service team’s role is critical throughout the process
Skills and Experience
- CII qualified or equivalent sector experience
- Extensive knowledge of the general insurance intermediary market
- Previous experience within a Bid Management role is highly desirable
Leading and motivating a distribution trading team and / or client facing experience
- Marketing strategy and proposition development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong personal drive and results orientation
- Effective internal and external relationship management skills.
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf joined forces with Bluefin in 2017, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC is now the largest insurance and benefits advisory business in the world.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.