This role supports the co-ordination and execution of Jelf Business Operations policy ensuring that operational initiatives and best practice are uniformly implemented across the business and to ensure that Jelf"EURTMs business operations and policies comply with internal and external regulatory requirements and treating customers fairly is at the heart of operational practices.
Based in any UK Jelf office, you will be taking a role in defining, delivering and evolving a clear quality agenda (not least across processes, file reviews, complaints & E&O) with learning loops to support our customer, colleagues and business objectives, and be expected to drive operational change across the business and, where appropriate, provide business project management for small change initiatives.
Working with the Business Operations Manager, local leadership teams & the CSD community you will ensure that all business change activities are embedded in a timely, efficient way, resulting in BAU working practices.
Key areas of responsibility
- Follow the direction set by the firm and provide support to the operational servicing across Jelf, not least the CSD community
- Ensure that appropriate business process measurements and protocols are in place to monitor the operational performance of all areas of the business. Analyse working practices, trends, reports and make recommendations to senior management
- Work with the Business Operations Manager, to implement and monitor adherence to operational improvement initiatives across Jelf
- Support business operational change programmes across Jelf and work with regional and branch leaders and the CSD community to ensure timely implementation with no adverse business impact
- Ensure the operational aspects of client requirements are fully met and treating customers fairly is embedded into day to day working practices
- Ensure that processes and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct, which are consistent with Jelf best practice. Ensure all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Support the Business Operations Manager in ensuring that Jelf"EURTMs operational strategy is translated into local actions and implemented on time and within budget.
- Where required lead the review of current operational processes across Jelf to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Actively participate in regular business operations meetings to ensure issues are highlighted and recommendations for improvements are communicated.
- Lead on small business change initiatives as directed by the Business Operations Manager.
- Track record of team work "EUR" able to work with others and where appropriate motivate and inspire others to achieve success
- Experience in an operational environment
- Good influencing skills
- Enthusiastic team player with relationship and empathy building
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills "EUR" able to communicate well across organisational levels
- Self disciplined and organised
- Knowledge of Acturis
- Knowledge of FCA requirements and standards
- Working towards ACII/FCII or equivalent (desirable)
- Strong insurance operational knowledge
- Strong understanding of operational risk and compliance issues
- Willingness to travel to any UK office
We are Jelf "EUR" award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there"EURTMs an even better way.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) "EUR" a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC is now the largest insurance and benefits advisory business in the world.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build "EUR" powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.