Working in an FCA regulated environment managing successful relationships with new and existing customers, identifying cross sales opportunities and maintaining client retention.
Manage all business within own limits of authority.
Assist in the negotiation and underwriting of commercials business within own authority.
- Dealing with Underwriting enquiries, ensuring all standards of Underwriting and Risk assessment is adhere in line with personal authority.
- Responding to incoming customer enquiries in an efficient, accurate and professional manner, including more complex enquires.
- Meeting realistic customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy and professionalism of response.
- Recognising opportunities for cross sales and customer retention.
- Act as a referral point for more complex risks that need to be triaged into National Corporate Practice, maintain professional customer contact whilst managing the customer journey.
- Achieving high standards set for the role, including productivity and quality measures in line with the objectives.
- Resolving complaints at first point of contact or referring to a recognise complaint handler where outside scope of role.
- Achieve published SLAs for telephone grade of service, abandoned calls, idle wrap and availability time.
- Set up and maintain accurate computerised records and files. Issue required documentation within agreed SLAs.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products and procedures by regularly reading reference material and product literature thereby keeping up to date with changes and the legislation affecting them.
Key Regulatory Responsibilities
- Ensure that all business is serviced in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- To continually consider the principles of "EUR~Treating Customers Fairly"EURTM (TCF) by considering fairness in all aspects of strategy, adherence to "EUR~Customer First"EURTM philosophy of the EBU.
- In conjunction with compliance, implement the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant compliance department. The term "EUR~Compliance"EURTM embraces all relevant financial service laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- To adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls by keeping relevant procedures, records and where appropriate, by timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.#
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or Market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and the impact of new technology. By ensuring that all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. By addressing any areas of concern with line management &/or the appropriate department.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and peers
- Maintains excellent relationships with external influences, key clients and insurer partners
- Assist with technical queries or complaints (within predefined limits of authority)
- Maintains own knowledge of the industry and market trends
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Marsh offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.