Do you have a keenness to explore the world of Insurance Broking? Are you seeking a role that involves managing existing client relationships whilst working to continuously support new opportunities for revenue generation? Do you aspire to work for a global business that provides ongoing support and training towards gaining industry recognised qualifications?
If you have answered yes to all of the above, then you may be interested to find out more about the new and exciting opportunities we are currently recruiting for, here at Marsh Commercial.
We have an opportunity for a Client Advisor to join our Small Business Unit (SBU) team based in Kendal, for which we require the successful candidate to partner with colleagues to ensure the profitable handling and growth of client accounts in line with the overall client relationship management strategy, and provide effective support in the servicing and administration of a commercial portfolio of business.
The role will encompass all Client Advisor duties, which includes, but will not be limited to; account administration, market negotiation and client interaction.
- To work closely with the Account Executives and Brokers to ensure that all client instructions and requirements are handled promptly and accurately.
- To review and provide technical advice and opinion on Clients’ and Prospects’ insurance programmes.
- To put together Client Prospect risk presentations to forward to Insurers and to negotiate insurance premiums and cover with Insurers in line with Client requirements.
- To assist Account Executives in the production of reports and summaries of insurance for clients.
- Responds directly to simple and moderately difficult client questions and requests, and solicits assistance from the Account Exectuives and senior management as needed.
- Review insurer placements to ensure that best advice is offered at all times
Skills & Experience
- Preferably experience of working in a similar capacity for a Broker and/or Insurer will be desired; otherwise a demonstrable interest and understanding of Commercial Insurance broking will need to be demonstrated.
- Good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills in completing assigned tasks.
- Excellent customer/client etiquette.
- Cert CII desirable, but not essential.
- Competent in the use of MS Office.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programmes. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.