Marsh’s Energy Practice is at the forefront of advising energy companies on risk and insurance issues impacting operational success, and has an unparalleled reputation for delivering insight and solutions for the challenges that our clients face.
The Global Practice:
- Manages premium volume in excess of US$3.5 billion
- Represents more than 2,000 clients
- Includes more than 350 energy specialists dedicated to serving the industry
The Energy Practice in the UK is part of an operation which is led from 13 strategically placed global hubs and is split into 3 sub-regions: The Americas, Asia-Pacific (ASIAPAC) and Middle-East, North Africa& Continental Europe (MENACE).
In the UK, our team of Energy professionals are based out of London and Norwich. They have extensive experience in delivering enhanced coverage and pricing solutions, as well as providing specialist advice on emerging risk issues. Our client base contains many of the most prominent names in the Industry.
Through a commitment to exemplary client engagement, you will ensure the profitable handling and growth of a range of client accounts in line with the overall client relationship management strategy.
CLIENT - Relationship Management
- Seek and build strong relationships at executive and operational levels and communicate the client’s strategy across Marsh resources including having a full understanding of the individual’s character styles and the corporate style
- Acts as an ambassador for Marsh
- Responsible for the direction and management of Marsh’s relationship with the client
- Manage the communication between the client and service team members
- Understand client business issues, needs and expectations
- Seek feedback on Marsh’s service through ongoing client dialogue
CLIENT - Client Service
- Agree and implement client service agreement
- If client relationship is under threat, report client vulnerable, engaging appropriate teams
- Provide leadership by example of the proactive and enthusiastic service levels expected from client service teams
- Act as a referral point for the resolution of complex client queries internally and externally
- Host client and insurer meetings in conjunction with specialist broker and client service team
- Agree and set renewal client service and rolling risk management strategy with the client
- Overall responsibility for the co-ordination of placement for each client
- Lead and sign off programme design activities
- Lead new business initiatives and defensives
PROCESS - Procedures/Compliance
- Produce Client Service Agreement and monitor performance through client audits/interviews
- Prepare and maintain a client portfolio business plan
- Ensure operational procedures followed
- Produce stewardship report if required
- Ensure New and Expanded business is reported in Marshforce
FINANCIAL - Account Profitability
- Produce budget proposals and negotiate fees in line with account profitability/value proposition
- Ensure pricing and service review completed
- Ensure personal development plan in place to grow knowledge of clients business sector, commercial knowledge, insurance and risk and technical knowledge
- Assist with the personal development of team working on client or generally
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s industry sector
- Undertake specified tasks as directed by your manager adhering to agreed timescales
Skills & Experience
- Proven background in Energy insurance including large, complex and/or multinational clients
- Significant experience in successfully managing major client relationships
- Exceptional inter-personal and relationship management skills
- ACII qualified (or equivalent) highly desirable
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.