- Providing support on the day to day management of clients.
- Ensuring that client expectations are met, delivering the service and assisting with the co-ordination of other services from specialists within the Company.
- Providing support to ensure that clients become and remain referenceable and do not leave JLT.
- Supporting to increase revenue and profitability of the clients.
- To provide a cost effective and high quality service which meets the needs of clients on a commercial basis.
- Where appropriate, providing actuarial services to clients and utilising the abilities of the actuarial support team.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided to stakeholders is continuously high.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that relevant procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Complete and/or review technical calculations and reports for Consulting Actuaries - these may be routine actuarial reports, non standard actuarial reports or reports of a non actuarial nature
- Support on technical actuarial areas including FRS102/IAS19/US GAAP approximate calculations etc. as appropriate for role
- Draft letters and reports as appropriate, completed in line with internal and external standards
- Draft agendas for and attend client meetings and ensure actions are dealt with as appropriate
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Build professional relationships with clients
Experience and Education:
- Experience of the pensions industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an actuarial role.
- Relevant degree.
- Candidate has made good progression through IFoA exams.
Key Competencies Technical:
- Legal entity structure of JLT Group and JLT Benefit Solutions
- Services provided by JLT
- JLT’s client details
- JLT’s policies and procedures
- JLT’s systems to service the business
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations and how to apply them.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, good standard of written report writing skills.Listening skills.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal staff and external parties.
- Ability to carry out and review actuarial calculations.
- Commercial Credibility;
- Drive & Resilience;
- Planning and Organising;
- Delivering Solutions;
- Relationship Building;
- Leadership & Influence;
- Driving Change & Improvement;
- Big Picture Thinking.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension schemes, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.