Do you have experience of developing and implementing client solutions, do you understand how the insurance market works, do you enjoy leading and coaching colleagues, do you recognise the power of data and analytics, does innovation excite you?If so, we would be very interested to talk to you about Marsh Portfolio Solutions.
Marsh Portfolio Solutions (MPS) is a dedicated unit developing client value propositions in close collaboration with Marsh practices across retail and specialty. MPS, with a team of over 50 specialists, also provides services to insurers participating in over 40 existing facilities. Working to manage and develop product led facilities, known in Marsh as Placement Plus, we are seeking a Manager to lead the team focused on the facilities for Marsh JLT Specialty practices and to drive the creation of new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of internal and external exposure, working with senior colleagues within both Marsh and our insurer clients. You will be a member of the MPS Executive and be asked to contribute to the success of the wider MPS division.
- Overall management of the Specialty facilities team to ensure that all contracted services to insurers are satisfactorily fulfilled in a timely manner
- Direct management responsibility for the Operational requirements of the Specialty Placement Plus facilities teams including any other assigned team or individual
- To implement the MPS strategy through the use of appropriate operational planning with the aim of achieving planned objectives and profitability targets set by the MPS Leader
- To plan, manage and control all aspects of the Specialty Placement Plus facilities team having regard to effective risk oversight and control arrangements and in-line with Governance framework
- To ensure that we at all times put client’s interests first in accordance with our Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Policy
- Day to day management of the Specialty Placement Plus facilities team - ranging from coordination of the holiday diary, to managing the careers of the individuals within the team, through working closely with any team leaders
- Working closely with MPS colleagues and key stakeholders in the OpCo's to drive facility growth and development of the solution and ensure that the facility performs against targeted performance levels
- Oversee and manage the engagement with each participating insurer for all day to day facility matters in order to ensure that the participating insurers are engaging with the Specialty facilities per the terms of the relevant contract (s)
- Responsibility for the maintenance of existing insurer participation in the MPS facility strategy and the creation and management of a pipeline of potential insurers who may wish to participate in facilities in future. In conjunction with the MPS team and the wider Marsh JLT Specialty business, develop both the existing services and create new facilities for clients of the Marsh JLT Specialty business
- To understand the regulatory framework in which the Company and the MPS Division operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to officer title
- Have responsibility for the Specialty teams budget, including new revenue targets and responsibility for reporting changes to such on a monthly basis to MPS leadership
- Support dashboard and report finalisation and prepare / deliver of the internal Marsh Practice (s) where required.
- Oversee and manage all contract amendments in line with the Governance Framework
- Have awareness of and responsibility for the wider MPS budget and responsibility for reporting changes to such on a monthly basis to the MPS Leader
- Oversee and drive relationships with key Facility Insurers to ensure overall success of the strategy as aligned and agreed with the MPS Leader
- Ensure key relationships with OpCo stakeholders is managed appropriately with strong and regular (no less than monthly) internal communication to key stakeholders, as aligned and agreed with the MPS Leader.
- Oversee how the team work with the OpCos to drive existing facility growth, including ‘in scope’ business improvement
- Prepare / deliver internal management reports on a monthly basis for the MPS Exec and Product Governance Forum, as required
- Undertake specific tasks as directed by management adhering to any agreed timescales
Skills and experience
- Previous insurance broking/placement experience
- People management experience
- Proven track record of developing and implementing client solutions
- Facility experience desired but not essential
- ACCII Qualified (or working towards) would be an advantage
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal. Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.