What can you expect?
- To be part of an important, key team within MMC’s Controllership function, that adds assurance to financial reporting and controllership
- You will have exposure to a large international organisation within a wide reaching role that works across the entire finance function as well as other functions within the company. For example you will be liaising with the CFO one day and the Shared Service function in India explaining how the accounting policy works another day. This is not a back office number crunching role. This is an important face off role where you will communicate with key stakeholders across the company.
- Within the first year you will be need to have gained a thorough understanding of insurance revenue recognition and polish your knowledge of US GAAP, as well as taking responsibility for your own work and delivery.
- You will be part of a well –established, supportive and sociable team. Team events are a regular fixture!
- Each colleague has a 3 year development plan where you are encouraged to develop your career towards promotion to the next level within or before 3 years. You will also be mentored by a colleague outside of the team for your own self development.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including pension of up to 12% company contributions, private medical insurance, life assurance, 26 days holiday.
- The opportunity to develop your long term career within a global organisation.
We will count on you to:
- Ensure the integrity of financial controls across the RIS operating companies and support the RIS Controller in ensuring sound controls operate around the financial result.
- Ensure that authority matrices for transactions are appropriate, understood and followed.
- Assist the UK RIS controller to ensure compliance with global SOX regime and region wide adherence to approval procedures. Ensure timely remediation of Internal Audit and Sox testing control findings
- Work with the external auditors to assist them in their audit by supplying information, being their first point of call, giving them guidance, and maintaining controls to reduce the amount of substantive testing they need to carry out.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar discipline required.
- Qualified Accountant preferably ACA; ACCA or ACMA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience within Finance
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
What makes you stand out?
- US GAAP accounting experience
- Insurance industry knowledge is preferable
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs