Sitting alongside the core insurance broking business, Marsh's Client Advisory Services (CAS) provides Strategic and Operational Risk advice to the world's largest companies. We are a professional services firm consisting of consultants, actuaries, accountants, and ex-lawyers. We are ~300 in the UK.
We are seeking experienced consultants to join our Strategic Risk Practice. The Strategic Risk practice consists of ~20 individuals in the UK, and is led by ex-strategy and risk consultants from the London offices of Bain, McKinsey, Oliver Wyman, and the Big 4. Our Junior Consulting Programme provides a source of incoming talent to the practice
What we are seeking
The practice, currently growing at 30+% YoY, is seeking an individual to help us grow sales and deliver our advisory capabilities to financial institutions – specifically Banks, Insurers and Asset Managers. The role will involve proposition development, sales, and management.
Typical projects will include:
- Assessing level and breadth of coverage of insurance programme relative to firm’s risk profile to ensure programme is fit-for-purpose and to identify enhancements
- Defining link between insurance, risk management and finance frameworks to optimise decisions and value from insurance
- Designing and placing bespoke structures to optimise insurance transfer and potentially gain capital benefits (under Pillar 1 or 2, depending on regulatory approval
- Preparing for changes due to new Basel III requirements, including capture of insurance data and changes to optimal insurance coverage given capital implications post-2022
- Ensuring comprehensiveness of cyber risk assessments, assessing coverage of current insurance and designing optimal programme
- Developing an integrated approach of operational resilience and risk to enhance both frameworks
- You will work alongside and support other experts in the field of Enterprise Risk and Resilience.
- An understanding of the business models and RM approaches, including regulatory requirements and industry trends, or Banks, Insurers, and Asset Managers
- Extensive consulting experience in proposition development and business/client development
- Project oversight / execution / team management
- specific technical expertise and experience in:
- Risk management (including identification, assessment, reporting, risk appetite, etc. for FIs)
- Risk quantification/modelling/capital requirement estimation - e.g. for BASEL II/III and/or Solvency II
- Nice to have: Use of insurance to offset capital (under BASEL II/II and/or Solvency II) for operational risk and other risks (e.g. Credit) and management of specific risk classes – e.g. cyber, Financial Crime
Key benefits of the role:
- Wide variety of clients, industry, and projects
- An opportunity to learn about the insurance industry; experience an industry beginning to undergo disruption
- Opportunity to rapidly gain sales, operational, and management experience
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers