The Financial Planning Business Leader leads the Mercer UK Financial Planning and Retail Investment Management (FP&RIM) business and has responsibility to ensure that an agreed Strategy and Development plan is in place for the business that achieves continual revenue and profitable growth and that the plan is aligned to the UK Wealth Strategy.
· Reports into the UK Individual Wealth Leader;
· Chair the FP&RIM Leadership team, Governance Committee and other relevant committees to ensure orderly conduct; fair and appropriate opportunity for all to contribute; suitable time allocation per item; determining order of agenda; directing discussion towards consensus; clarifying and summing up actions and policies;
· Ensures that an agreed Strategy and Development plan is in place for the business that achieves continual revenue and profitable growth and that the plan is aligned to the UK Wealth Strategy;
· Act as the Mercer main representative for FP&RIM in its dealings with the outside world;
· Establishes and maintains professional standards within the FP&RIM business;
· Creates and supports an environment in which quality advice and thoroughly documented protocols are adopted and maintained throughout all business units;
· Ensures agreed KPI’s are maintained and adhered to;
· Develop initiatives across all business lines to continually improve standards;
· Lead the initiation, development and ultimate delivery of specific projects as approved by the UK Individual Wealth Leader and the UK Wealth Leader;
· Actively promote embedding of Treating Customers Fairly across all business lines;
· Plan, develop and implement strategy for staff training and development, establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development;
· Maintain and develop Mercer organisational culture, values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
· Actively participate in the assessment of potential acquisitions and major contract opportunities and subsequent integration in to cohesive, focused, compliant and motivated business operations;
· Actively participate in contract negotiations for clients and business prospects as required;
· Support the Wealth business in the creation of new opportunities, whether services or product.
* Subject to the approval of the UK Individual Wealth Leader, and in accordance with Mercer policies, for:
- Any expenditure directly recoverable from a client, provider or other third party;
- Any reasonable running costs and capital expenditure within pre-agreed budgets and in keeping with current expenses and purchasing policies;
- Any reasonable travel, subsistence, entertainment and capital expenditure within pre-agreed budgets and in keeping with current Travel and Entertainment policy.
* Unbudgeted capital expenditure and other expenditure in excess of that above are to be referred to the Mercer UK Wealth Leadership Team for approval.