“Our greatest resource is the people who choose to give us their career.”
-Dan Glaser, President and CEO
With over 65,000 colleagues around the globe in 130+ countries, our Talent Acquisition team is instrumental to bringing extraordinary people from all walks of life together to help us make a difference for our clients, across our communities and the larger society that surrounds us.
As the Global Talent Acquisition Leader for one of our operating companies and global Corporate functions, you’ll develop, implement and drive a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy which supports the operating companies (opco) and corporate’s business objectives, and complements the firm’s talent, workforce planning and diversity and inclusion strategies. In this role you’ll report to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition and you’ll manage the overall performance of an assigned Talent Acquisition (TA) team and partner with Sr. HR Leaders, business leaders and other Centers of Excellence (COEs) to align talent acquisition solutions and services with the broader organizational goals.
If you’re ready to make a difference in the lives of a company’s most important assets, their people, submit your resume and let’s talk about your success in the following as qualifications for the position
- Share your success directly managing a team of TA Zone Leaders, and indirectly managing a team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators, in executing the firm’s talent acquisition agenda, that is aligned with the firm’s diversity and inclusion agenda, including:
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating work of the staffing team;
- Hiring, developing and disciplining and terminating employees;
- Conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions for team members;
- Approving salary and bonus actions;
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Detail how you’ve been accountable for all aspects of talent acquisition strategy including developing and implementing strategies designed to improve the quality and diversity of new hires and the efficiency of the talent acquisition process
- Describe how you increase use and continuous improvement of talent acquisition systems and processes
- Discuss how you ensure regular, quality reporting to the organization on global talent acquisition productivity and effectiveness, across zones, with an eye on data integrity, process improvement, and cost savings
- Share your experience with being accountable for compliance with regional laws that govern the talent acquisition and selection process
- Share how you you’ve been able to build strong, consultative relationships with various internal customers
- Detail your experience managing the financial impact of the talent acquisition team with respect to headcount, expenses, contractors, vendors, and outsourcing partners
The ideal candidate will have:
- 12-15 years professional work experience in sourcing and talent acquisition, in corporate, retained, or contingency search firms, with an understanding of best practices in the space (e.g. sourcing, online search, pipelining, and behavioral interviewing and assessment)
- Seven years professional work experience managing a talent team, and leveraging team expertise; including managing virtual teams
- Experience in an HR operations environment, in a global, highly matrixed organization
- Knowledge of social media and ideally search techniques (exposure to Boolean logic is a benefit)
- Knowledge of recruiting trends, and including trends in social media with regard to talent acquisition
- Experience working with and reporting within an Applicant Tracking System
- Knowledge of the consulting business, collaborative perspective, and influencing skills to win “buy-in”
- Leadership skills via “leading by example”
- Proven success managing multiple projects in the talent space
- Collaborative, customer service mentality, exceptional communication skills capable of addressing problems, leading diverse teams, managing change and able to thrive under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills; highly organized, can prioritize with ease and multi-task
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
- Strong MS Office skills
This position can be located in NYC or London.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk; reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
#TalentAcquisition #WorkforcePlanning #Recruiting #LI-AV1 #HiringAnalytics #RecruitingMetrics #RecruitingInsights #HR
#TalentStrategies #Talent #professionalrecruiting#experiencedRecruiting #candidateexperience #employeeReferrals #MercerCareers #FutureOfWork #Recruitment #EmployerBranding #CandidateEngagement