The Global Messaging Technical Specialist will serve as a key member of our Global Messaging Support team specializing in supporting messaging/collaborative services to key MMC businesses. This is an opportunity to undertake a crucial role within our Messaging Support team; and strong technical expertise combined with positive, collaborative, and a can do attitude are required to make this team successful.
The services provided are based on solutions from Microsoft Exchange, BlackBerry and MobileIron, Veritas Enterprise Vault , Microsoft Lync, RightFax, Cisco IronPorts and other leading vendors in the Messaging technology sector.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Providing Global Operations Support to planned infrastructure activities, Messaging approved and BAU projects
- Assisting in developing policies, procedures, and standards for messaging specific products and services and monitoring adherence to define standards
- Provide messaging services troubleshooting support including:
- Exchange server diagnostics/maintenance
- Mail routing/SMTP
- Enterprise Vault 11/12
- Lync 2013
- Blackberry, MobileIron server and network related issues
- External Mail Gateways (IronPort Appliances)
- Participation and contribution in the resolution of Messaging related incidents reported through incident management system
- Develop methods and procedures for resolving Messaging related problems, and training analysts in problem resolution
- Help to develop methods and procedures to improve operational processes, technology solutions, and service level expectations
- Leads initiatives and provide technical solutions to reduce the volume and mean time to recover incidents
- Contribute technical expertise to complex root cause analysis and problem management
- Contribute to detailed implementation/project plans across multiple, complex, work streams according to agreed standards and ensures project processes and timelines are understood and followed
Your experience should include/ incorporate most of the following:
- 5+ years of working in a Microsoft centric, global enterprise messaging environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Comprehensive and current scripting experience with a focus on Powershell
- Experience with anti-virus and encryption technologies such as McAfee VirusScan/ Groupshield, IronPort or Proofpoint
- Experience implementing and supporting Instant Messaging (Lync), OWA or edge servers and wireless applications such as MobileIron, Blackberry or EAS
- Experience implementing and supporting message archiving solutions such as Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory 2012 and Directory Services including AD DNS, LDAP and LDS
- Strong messaging experience with solid knowledge of Exchange 2010 and above and Powershell.
- Hands on experience setting up and configuring Exchange 2010 and above systems include writing Powershell scripts.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting Exchange 2013/2010/2007/2003.
- Solid knowledge of journaling services, specifically Enterprise Vault.
- Experience in enterprise wide deployment of messaging services backbone.
- Clear understanding of messaging standards and protocols including MAPI, IMAP, POP3, Network, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS.
- Experience with wireless email including ActiveSync, Mobile Device Management (MobileIron), Blackberry 10, Apple IOS
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Windows 2008/2012 systems.
- Some SCOM exposure would be beneficial but not required
- Must be able to proactively identify problem areas and provide or recommend solutions.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, including senior leaders of the organization.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently, take ownership and organize work flow to concurrently meet multiple milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world"EURTMs leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company"EURTMs more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.