We are currently looking for a talented and ambitious Actuarial Analyst to join our consulting team in Belfast. This is an opportunity to join a great multi-disciplined team providing clients with leading edge advice across Investment, Funding and Strategic Solutions.
We are looking for strong team players with excellent communication skills, business acumen and a client focus, alongside the core technical skills. This is an opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, working directly with Scheme Actuaries, or part of larger teams on complex clients.
- Working as part of a team on the preparation and delivery of consulting advice to clients, e.g. emails, reports, presentations etc.
- Dealing with routine queries received from clients, scheme members, third parties and other Mercer businesses.
- Contributing to client meeting preparation, e.g. setting the agenda and content for meeting packs; and liaising with other team members and senior consultants.
- Working with the Wealth Analytical Service Centre, Specialty Groups and other Mercer businesses to deliver a streamlined service to clients.
- Getting involved in valuation and accounting processes, e.g. project management, liaising with key stakeholders etc.
- Carrying out non-standard scheme benefit calculations and involvement in wider actuarial work.
Requirements and skills:
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) in a numerical or semi-numerical degree.
- An interest in financial markets and an understanding of how UK pension schemes operate.
- Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications.
- 1 to 2 years post graduate experience in consulting or related environment preferred but not essential.
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Excellent planning and organisational ability in order to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Why is Mercer different?
Besides working for one of the world’s largest consultancy firms; you will be given opportunities to excel and grow in a high performing team of actuaries and consultants. The team is structured so that analysts are given opportunities to deliver advice directly to a range of clients from an early stage. You will be supported through real situations to expand both your actuarial and consulting skills, and to choose your own career path.
As our pension and investment consultants work together as part of one Wealth team, we can provide you with an abundance of career enhancing opportunities. Where individuals wish, they are able to work on both actuarial and investment clients. Analysts also have opportunities to work on member options and risk transfer projects.
Beyond this, Mercer provides the potential for opportunities in other lines of business, or via our Global & International rotation program.
Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.