What you can expect:
This client facing role requires the Senior Consultant to manage, retain and develop a portfolio of clients, look for and deal with new business enquiries and be fully involved with developing the proposition. A Senior Consultant will provide assistance, information and advice to clients and colleagues in relation to Healthcare arrangements and ensure timely delivery of services.
What is in it for you?
- The chance to operate within a large global organisation that is incredibly passionate about how it works and cares for their clients across the world.
- Learn from industry leaders who will work closely with the team to help upskill, network and ultimately support the mission to generate growth across the business.
- A fantastic suite of employee benefits including an excellent pension contribution and life assurance
- 25 days of annual leave plus your birthday off!
We will rely on you to:
- Lead and own client project from post sales to ongoing delivery.
- Work with clients with the audit, design and implementation of online or offline benefit schemes facilitated through the use of consulting tools, reports and workshops.
- Provide strategic advice on whole benefit solution encompassing risk, health as well as flex consultancy and demonstrable knowledge of benefits legislation.
- Management and completion of data analysis and benefit audits in conjunction with associate consultant.
- Production of summary scheme design recommendations.
- Technical expertise in connection with benefit design (working in conjunction with relevant qualified person) across total benefit provision.
- Procurement and broking of benefits and provider liaison and lead product development.
- Working with consultants in conjunction with the ongoing administration team to ensure all benefits have been set up and all processes agreed between Mercer Marsh Benefits and the benefit providers.
- Peer review and sign-off of work.
- Strategic input to the development of the overall Healthcare proposition, including product design and financials.
- Management of the client financials including budgets, billing and forecasting.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of all projects, client financials, implementation progress with support.
What you need to have:
- Industry knowledge of reward and benefits, and expert in Healthcare benefits administration and benefit structures
- Financial management and knowledge of payroll, HR, finance, pensions and flex & risk systems/processes
- In depth legislative knowledge and Subject Matter Expert on Healthcare benefits and International PMI
- Writing employee communications
- Advanced selling skills and Client consulting and relationship management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills for both own and team
- Experience in managing stakeholders including client management, peer and upward management
- Ability to manage multiple project, project teams and Healthcare team to meet tight deadlines.
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Numeracy and good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and Presentational skills (written and oral)
Advanced knowledge of the following products:
- Cash Plans
- Health Screening
- Leisure Travel
- Personal Accident
What makes you stand out:
- Makes personal investment to achieve business, personal and career goals
- Is loyal and committed to Mercer Marsh Benefits. Acts as a positive role model for others.
- Takes ownership of work; demonstrates initiative, flexibility and commitment to get things done.
- Ensures work is planned, prioritised and delivered to meet requirements.
- Considers the strategic value of the client when making decisions.
- Generates, evaluates and shares creative solutions to work related problems to improve business performance.
- Considers the impact of decisions on clients, team members and colleagues.
- Travel will be required as part of this role
Mercer provides insights, advice and technology-driven solutions to help build brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities. Together, we’re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and
unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries, and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.